Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Help Make Cancer History


Two more sleeps until the Relay for Life. This year I signed myself up to be a team captain for this cancer fundraiser. We have a team of 10 people and we're walking in honour of our dear friend Marisa who was diagnosed with cancer just before Christmas 2006. She is an amazing woman - a wife, mother and friend. She's fighting with everything in her and doing a mighty fine job of it!

The Relay for Life takes place this Friday night starting at 7:00 pm and going all the way through the night to Saturday morning at 7:00 am. That's 12 hours of walking and probably no sleep - ok, it's a relay so technically I won't be walking the whole time but someone from our team will be on the track at all times. Yawn!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has sponsored me. If you haven't already done so and would like to make a pledge to help make cancer history, it's really simple if you just click on this link:

https://secureccs.ca/?inv=1784f695-c233-47a0-8ba3-410e44917410

3 comments:

t~ said...

You go girl! We did it for several years, but the 'Survivor Walk' is just too emotional for me now. My dad walked the survivor walk one year, while being really weak and then the next year he didn't....maybe one day.

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

Hi Karen,

I guess your walking around by now......

I did the 60km breast cancer walk in Toronto a couple years ago. It was AMAZING!!! I bet your having a blast.

Good luck with the kiddies in the morning....lol..... me bad!

Deb

Don and Be said...

Thank you for your heart for cancer research. My wife is a survivor and we participated in a relay here in Central Florida - it was an uplifting event.
Blessings,
Don

PS - Awesome family!