Friday, August 03, 2007

Where there was once two . . .

. . . now there are three!

It doesn't matter what Victoria and Austin are doing, Samara wants to do it too. She's in there like a dirty shirt (and speaking of dirty shirts, that's just water on Samara's top in the pics below). She imitates them all the time and it's the cutest thing ever. She follows them around all day long and gets into their stuff. Most of the time the older two thinks its fun but not always. This morning I overhead Victoria asking Austin who his favourite baby is and his reply was "Samara". When she asked him why, he said "because she's cute and fun to play with". Phew - he still loves her!

Here are some pictures of Samara playing with two of her favourite people in the world.



Good old fashioned laundry basket fun - who needs Little Tikes and Fisher Price!






Just the girls.



And one more just for fun. Honestly, there's only water in that sippy cup!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to our experience, Samara has "third child syndrome". What ever the others can do, I can do too!!! And also from our experience it is wonderful to fit in your new family like a dirty shirt!!!
We appreciate your blog site. Your home is immaculate...can Samara come and do our housework?
Leida & Gerald Dykstra

Catherine said...

Just way too cute!!! Love how the kids play together and create their own fun. We spend so much on toys and they're happiest with the laundry basket.

Thank you so much for this! Your great kids brought a smile to my face!

Anonymous said...

My Goodness "cute" just doesn't say it all!!!!!Adorable...

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Yep, laundry baskets are a blast. Just don't let them near the stairs in them....my kids tried doing "bobsled" once. Not a pretty picture.

Calico Sky said...

So so adorable! I can't wait to meet you all one day!!!

Anonymous said...

Great post, Karen! YOu have such a beautiful family. My goodness, when I looked at that first picture, I couldn't help but notice how much Austin looks like his daddy!

It so nice that they have each other to play with and enjoy each other's company.

thanks for sharing...I always look forward to your updates!

The Robertsons said...

The children look so happy together, it's wonderful to see how much they love each other.
I find Kimberly thinks she can do everything Hannah does as well. That gets kind of precarious when it comes to climbing though!
Kathryn

my3 kids said...

It's one of my most favorite things to do, just sit and watch my 3 kids playing and laughing etc. You can just see the love they have for each other just as I can with your kids. All 3 of your kids are beautiful and oh so special. Thanks for the update..I love checking in on your family.

Hugs,
Janice

Anonymous said...

Those are some of the cutest photos ever! You can tell that Samara is having a fabulous time.

4D said...

That is so cute! Bro and sisters having fun.

Keep smilin!

t~ said...

Cuteness overload! I loved all those photos.

Jody said...

Just saying hi! I have followed your blog since before you left for China (I got the website from Christel). It has been wonderful seeing your family through this. I can't wait to see our 3 kids interact with thier new sibling(s). Well, that's all for now.
p.s. Christel was saying to me last week that you were wondering if we had a blog, well here it is.

Jody

Anonymous said...

What a bunch of cuties. You can just hear the laughter and can see the fun on their faces. What joy!
Enjoy :)
Gramz

Jason, Alex + Hailey said...

Wow, i wish i was there too! It looks like so much fun. Love Hailey.

M and M said...

Catching up...

I remember pushing my sister around in a laundry basket too!