Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another package

My secret pal gift for the monthly exchange arrived yesterday. This month's theme was "something related to Ethiopian food, recipes, etc." I could smell the contents even before I opened the package. I received a variety of Ethiopian spices. What a great idea! And how nice to include Mike in the exchange . . . let's face it - he's the cook around here! He loves to try out new recipes and new ingredients and I can't wait to taste what he comes up with.

So once again . . . Thank you Secret Pal!


6 comments:

Catherine said...

What a fun theme! I'm sure Mike will whip you up some yummy dinners using those spices.

I've heard he cooks but so far haven't been able to test it out. Salmonella from raw chicken would have been so unflattering to his chef skills. Glad he was on his toes and realized the stove had gone on da funk. Now...the pizza and wings he whipped up were fabu!!

Jason, Alex + Hailey said...

Hi Karen and gang, just wanted to say that we finally caught up your blog. Man you guys are busy. Looking forward to seeing you soon! Love Jason, Alex and Hailey. xo.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Now THAT is a great idea!!!!

OH MY #6 said...

How neat!

I gotta say that picture of your soccer player is adorable!

Lea
xo

Anonymous said...

I'm very jealous, I LOVE Ethiopian food! Maybe when I'm in TO next summer we should go for an Ethiopian meal!

The Warren Family said...

Have you tried making any Ethiopian dishes yet??
I picked up some spices as well but have yet to try.