Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Patience

My mother-in-law came over a few weeks ago for a visit and I received a little surprise gift from her. Here's a picture of it:


Isn't it cute? I have a few more of these Willowtree Angels and each one has a special meaning. When I opened this one up, I thought it was really cute and then when I read the bottom of it, I realized this was also a special one. It's called the "Angel of Patience". How appropriate is that eh? It's so appropriate for this time in my life and I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of the gift. Thanks Peggy!

So ya, speaking of patience . . . how's that working out you ask? Well, life is busy, busy and that helps the time to go by fairly fast. We received some updated pictures of Denver two weeks ago and that was kind of bittersweet. It was so nice to see more pictures but it was also really hard to see the fact that he is growing up and changing so much already. I know he's only three months old but he looks that much older compared to the first pictures from when he was only one month old. Of course he's just as cute as ever!

We only have six weeks to go until our first (and hopefully only) court date. We're praying that everything will be done in due time so that we can officially call Denver our son.

And we continue to pray for patience.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful and oh so fitting!

How neat that you have updated pics of Denver! What treasures they are now and will be later on too although I'm sure they tug heavily on your mommy heart strings!

Now, about praying for patience...be careful. :o) I prayed for patience as I waited for a husband 20+ years ago. Yah, we know where that's got us! ;o) Sometimes He takes us at our word and sees if we really mean it! That being said, I truly believe it has helped me get through the wait for Hannah.

Trusing Him daily to bring Denver and Hannah home in His perfect timing. Love you friend!!!

M and M said...

I am not so good with patience...I would be going crazy right about now!!!

I hope things happen sooner rather then later for you.

Jules and Danny said...

A wonderful angel to help with the wait. We are all learning patience during this wait! And pictures, although difficult to watch Denver growing from afar, will be treasured... He will be in your arms one day soon!

The Robertsons said...

That is one thing I have learned having travelled the wonderful road of international adoption twice- God grants extra doses of patience to get us through the tough times (remember the long delays we experienced with our China adoptions?) because he knows we will be so rewarded when we receive his precious children as part of our lives. Treasure those pictures of Denver no matter how bittersweet- that is one thing I wish we could have received from China, pictures at various times of our girls lives.

Anonymous said...

What good timing...very appropriate. It's adorable!!
Now the patience thing...that's a whole other story. Waiting for little ones so far away, especially when he's already "there" for you - you just want to be there to hold him in your arms and bring him home. All in God's time!! Blessings!
gramz

Sharla said...

What a fitting gift. Patience. That is the word.