Sunday, November 07, 2010

Field Trip

Don't you love it when you study something with the kids and then you get to go on a field trip to make it a little more real? This particular field trip was just next door but it was cool nonetheless. A few weeks ago, we learned all about bats and then lo and behold, a bat showed up on our neighbour's house. So out we went with our camera and binoculars and saw a real live bat up close! The kids loved it and of course I did too (mostly because it was on our neighbour's house and not ours!).

Isn't he cute?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo glad I was not on that field trip !!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

We found a dead bat once that had gotten stuck in our siding and apparently starved to death there. Very sad. Of course, I took a stick and knocked it onto the ground. The kids were mortified and said that I should bury it. Yeah....okaaaaay.....

Catherine said...

Cute? Ummmm...nope! Sure glad your neighbours house is next to you and not to me. :o)

Anonymous said...

Yea...cute...from a distance! Momz