Thursday, September 01, 2011

Penguins

We just finished reading Mr. Popper's Penguins together and when I saw this craft online, I thought it would be the perfect activity to wrap it up. I forgot to take pictures of the kids actually doing the craft. They used potatoes for the penguins and the tip of a small make-up sponge for the beaks and feet. The background was also done using a sponge. I think they turned out pretty cute and the kids had a lot of fun making them.

(By the way, I have no idea why blogger flipped my first two pictures. I tried multiple times to repost them but I couldn't get them the right way. If anyone knows what to do about it, please let me know. In the meantime, you'll just have to turn your head sideways!)







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done guys!right side or upside down...adoeable!

Anonymous said...

oops...adorable...(no glasses on)

Jenna said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and i came across your site. Great Art work the kids did! Your girls are beautiful and cute. They have shinning and pretty smiles. Your boys are handsome and adoreble. They shinning sweet smiles. I was born with a rare llife threatening disease, and love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Anonymous said...

Great job on the penguins - and the original names as well!! Turning into creative artists...well done! Gramz

Sharla said...

Those are so cute! I will have to try to remember this because we are studying penguins right now and will be for the next few months and though I do have a few crafts planned, I don't have as many as I'd like.

Michael and Tammy said...

Sooo cute!! Great project. Hope you are all doing well - miss you!! We need to get together soon!