Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mini Golf

At the beginning of this month before the kids went back to school, we took them glow in the dark mini golfing. What a lot of fun. I had called the day before to see what time was the least busy and apparently no one else thinks it's fun to go mini golfing at 10:00 in the morning. The place is actually open until midnight! Who knew people were out and about past 9:00 pm?!?!?! We were there right when the doors were being unlocked and no one else showed up the entire time we were there. It was great to have the course to ourselves considering we had three young kids who found it very interesting to walk all over the place regardless of what hole we were playing on.

All three of the kid had a lot of fun. Austin pretty much played as if it was hockey. Very nice stick handling if you ask me. Victoria would hit the ball and then if she didn't like it, she would pick it up and try again. Or she would just keep hitting it until we told her to stop. Samara would pick her ball up from the start line, walk all the way to the hole and place it about two inches from the hole. Then she would proceed to hit it right into the hole and throw her arms up in the air in victory as if she just hit the best shot ever . . . every single time! Too cute. Needless to say, I stopped keeping score halfway through the first hole.






7 comments:

my3 kids said...

Oh too cute..looks like lot's of fun and the kids are all so cute.

Catherine said...

What fun!! We have one of these close but have never been.

Heh...love your kids techniques. Maybe we should use this in 'big people' golf!

Samara's little pic with her arms up is tooooo cute!

Lori said...

Sounds like a great time! I'm liking Samara's way of golfing. With my talented skill, I think I will try it her way next time =)

M and M said...

Looks like fun. I haven't been mini-golfing in years!

Anonymous said...

My son would adore that!! I know we don't have any in my area - in fact, I didn't even know it existed!

I must keep a look out if we're ever on vacation :-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun for everyone!!! Kinda funny that you actually thought you'd keep score!! :) Nice that you had the place to yourselves and could take your time!
mz

Anonymous said...

I love the Samara way... she is so brilliant!