Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Visit from Catherine

What a fun day we had today. We were treated with a visit from our friend “Miss Catherine” who drove out to visit us. After a quick lunch, we headed out to Sarah’s place. Last year sometime, Catherine introduced Sarah and I to each other. We both live in the same area, have daughters adopted from China and have adopted or are adopting from Ethiopia. So it was neat to get together with all three of us today. We arrived at around 1:30 and all of a sudden it was 4:30 – we had been talking for three hours straight and didn’t even notice the time pass by! Thank you so much for your hospitality Sarah – always a pleasure to spend time with you.

Then it was time to head back home again. I’m not the only one that enjoys Catherine’s visits. The kids kept Miss Catherine quite busy during dinner and after. Even Samara warmed up and took hold of Miss Catherine’s hand a few times to lead her around and show her things – very precious and a huge change from our last visit together!

I had made lasagna, garlic bread and Caesar salad for dinner. Austin made us all laugh by putting a clip on his nose – I guess all that garlic was a bit too much for his sensitive nose!

Dinner was a busy time for Catherine, between snuggling with Victoria and picking the onions out of Austin’s lasagna and feeding him spoonful by spoonful so that he would finish and be able to get dessert!



After dinner there were more snuggles with the pajama clad kids – the best kind if you ask me!
All in all it was another great day spent with a great friend. I love you Catherine and am so glad that our paths crossed. Can’t wait to see you again soon.

After Catherine left and the door closed behind her, Victoria said to me, “Mom, I don’t want Miss Catherine to go home!” I guess I’m not the only one that will miss you my friend!

6 comments:

Catherine said...

It was a GREAT day from start to finish!! I always love spending time with your family friend! Love ya! Already looking forward to our next visit!

Anonymous said...

What a treat for you all! A great family FRIEND! Sounds like you had a busy but fun day! I can tell you're a blessing to the whole family! cz

Julie said...

Wow, miss Catherine sure gets around!!! Looks like fun times!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Looks like lots of fun. You all should move west. Just a suggestion....:-)

The Robertsons said...

Wow, everyone looks very busy and very happy!

Anonymous said...

Love that nose Austin. Very cute one on a very cute face!
I think you should move north!!