Sunday, March 08, 2009

Violin Recital

Victoria had her second violin recital yesterday. This is her second year playing violin and she's come a long way from when she first started. It used to be such a big deal for her to stand in front of people - even if she was in a group. She wouldn't even stand with her whole class on the stage at school to sing or recite something. It helps that she has a great teacher that she loves. She really encourages Victoria without putting pressure on her. Now she just gets right up there on the stage and plays her violin like it's nothing.

Victoria - Mommy and Daddy are very proud of you. Even though you don't always like to practice, it pays off and you are becoming such a talented violinist. Keep up the hard work!


P.S. Thanks Michelle for taking care of Austin and Samara at the last minute (on an already busy day) so Mike and I could both go see our girl at her recital!

8 comments:

The Robertsons said...

Congratulations Victoria. You certainly look relaxed playing the violin. My daughter Hannah just played piano in our local music festival- like you, she is overcoming her shyness, much to my surprise.

Catherine said...

Way to go Victoria!! Playing in front of others takes a little time to get used to but after all the hard work you put in it's such a treat to share your music with others.

So happy you were both able to attend Victoria's recital!

Henry and Jules said...

Wow, way to go Victoria! Good job!
Julia

Anonymous said...

Good for you Victoria! You look like a pro up there! I wish I could've heard you. I'm very proud of you!
Love,
Aunt Denise

mc said...

Way to go Victoria:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, when you compare that photo to the one from last year you realize how much that Victoria Rose is growing up!

Calico Sky said...

OOh I didn't know Victoria played the violin, I do too! I started at age 3 so have been playing for well over 25 years! What a fabulous choice in instrument for Victoria.

Here's the link to the new blog - I tried emailing it to you but the email bounced back.

So happy to hear about your 2nd adoption!! I may just have some questions re Ethiopia as I'm coming home within the next year to begin. AGAIN! :0)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Victoria. I wish I could've been there. You look so professional and beautiful! Keep practising - you're doing GREAT!'Luv gramz