Monday, May 25, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

(Better late than never!)

I always love receiving creations that the kids have made at school or on their own. It’s so fun to see what they come up with and the love that goes into each card or gift. This year was no different. Here's something from Austin.

He had to fill in some information about me - he even got a few right. :) But to set the record straight, my favourite store is NOT Wal-Mart., my favourite TV show is NOT the news, I am NOT 11 feet tall and even though I clean the house, I am NOT a cleaner. His answers did make me smile though and I love the thought that went into this.

This is a recipe book that the kids in kindergarten put together for their moms. Every child had to tell the teacher a recipe that their mom makes. Austin chose Kraft Dinner. LOL!! The poor kid could eat that every week but unfortunately I'm not a big fan of it so I rarely make it (probably why he missed a few ingredients). This book also made me smile.

Here's a card from Victoria. It says "My love for you" and then every time you flip the top up, the giraffe's neck gets longer and longer and it says "grows and grows, etc." Really cute! I like how she signed it "Love your daughter Victoria". I guess that's just in case I thought it was the from the other Victoria that might make me such a card. :)

This is another beautiful picture from Victoria.

And here's a pendant I also got. It says Mother in three different languages - Chinese, Amharic (Ethiopian) and English. It's also my favourite colour (orange) and I LOVE it!!!

I was also spoiled with flowers and a beautiful plant. Thanks Mike, Victoria, Austin and Samara. I love you guys!

4 comments:

M and M said...

I LOVE that necklace! What a great idea!

Henry and Jules said...

That is such a cool necklace! and I love the other cards too. Very special!

darci said...

cool necklace!

Anonymous said...

I love the cards/gifts they make themselves too! I love the necklace!
mz