Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Interior Decorating

It's nothing major but I finally got a few things done that I've wanted to do for a long time. Just a few little things hung up. I've had each of these items for well over a year or more.

When I went to hang up the border, I all of a sudden realized that I didn't know what the Chinese characters meant. I thought I should probably find out before I hung it up. So I asked my friend who assured me I wasn't hanging up anything crass in my dining room. Phew! (thanks MC) The characters stand for the four seasons: spring, summer, autumn and winter. Nice. I like that.



The wall words I got from my mom a long time ago. It’s one of my favourite sayings and I’m so happy to finally have it on my wall. Thanks Mom.


The clock idea I saw a long time ago online somewhere and loved it. Again, I’ve had the clocks for a really long time but just got around to hanging them and cutting out the words on my cri¢ut. (The picture looks a little warped - the letters and clocks are actually all the same size).

So there you go. It’s the little things that make me smile.

10 comments:

Michelle Q said...

Beautiful Karen! It's so nice to get around to those details. We have a few projects that need to be done too. You are inspiring me to get them done this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Cool...good job looks very nice!!!

Lori said...

Love the clock idea!
I agree with Michelle...need to get to my list =)

Michael and Tammy said...

Karen I have that saying hanging at our house to - it is my favourite!!

Love the clocks - what a great idea - looks great!!

Lets plan to get together soon - we miss you guys!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I love that idea about the clocks! Great way to keep connected to your child's birth country! Thanks for sharing!

Anna said...

What fun projects! I may need to copy your ideas (perhaps not the Chinese border, though). I LOVE the clocks on the wall. Very inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Wow you've been busy since I was last over. Congratulations! I am so proud of you - you done great! Well, I could think of a few things to do at my place - LOL. mom

Anonymous said...

Looks great. The clocks are cool. Love the border too. I have a bathroom you could do.....
:)

Two Kayaks said...

I LOVE the clock idea! What an amazing way to honour you kids' birth countries!

Catherine said...

What great ideas for decorating your home!! Beautiful!