Tuesday, April 05, 2011

I recently purchased the book, "The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun: Activities for Kids with Sensory Processing Disorder". I originally bought it to learn more about activites I can do with Samara but there are so many fun things in it that all my kids enjoy. Here's what is said about the book: Each activity in this inspiring and practical book is SAFE (Sensory-motor, Appropriate, Fun, and Easy) to help develop and organize a child’s brain and body. Whether your child faces challenges with touch, balance, movement, body position, vision, hearing, smell and taste, motor planning, or other sensory problems, this book presents lively and engaging ways to bring fun and play to everyday situations.




**********

WARNING: If you're not comfortable with kids playing with food, don't read the rest of this blog post.


**********


The first activity we did from the book was with spaghetti noodles. I cooked up a package of spaghetti and we made all kinds of things with it. It was so fun and relatively un-messy. Here are a few of our creations:







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it...by the way what was for dinner that evening? :)
FUN FUN !

Catherine said...

What a great one! Sounds like it would be beneficial for any parent to have. Will look for this one.

That spaghetti activity looks like lots of fun! A great way to spend a rainy afternoon. don't think we'll try it tonight though as we do have spaghetti planned! :o)

Catherine said...

Just checked and our library has this book. Bonus!

Anna said...

I LOVE their creations! I laughed when I read your warning right before the pictures! That reminded me of my children's first "sand box"- an under the bed rubbermaid container full of rice-lots of fun (but a bit messy sometimes)! Sounds like a great book!

darci said...

so fun!!! what a great idea, (and good mom you are). actually, without the sauce it would be not too messy, hey? i just ordered some videos from 'empowered to connect' and one was on sensory stuff...let me know how you like the book! :) love darci