Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Funny

I had to share a funny thing that happened this afternoon. The kids and I decided to walk to the corner store for ice cream. On our way home, there was a car going by us really slowly and the man driving was staring at us. This was not completely unusual as we do get our fair share of stares when we're out as a family. I thought it was a little odd though how obvious he was being with his staring but we just kept on walking. Then, just as we were coming up to our house, I heard someone calling to me. I turned around and it was the same man coming toward me with his two young daughters. He started telling me that he and his wife are looking for someone to babysit their girls for the summer since they both work. And so because I live in the neighbourhood and have a daycare, he thought he would approach me. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him that I do not have a daycare and in fact the four kids are all mine. Ha! Priceless. I wish I had my camera.

I have to say, this isn't the first time people have mentioned my "daycare". It always kind of makes me smile and I do love the reactions of people when they find out that all four kids are mine. Too funny.

4 comments:

sallytomato said...

Karen, that's hilarious! I would've loved to see his face!

Heather said...

oh that's sooo great! lol!

Anna said...

Hee Hee! I love that! Seriously, you might as well add a few more to your "daycare"!!

Catherine said...

LOL! Too funny!

Ange (who is Hannah's daycare provider) says people are always confused when they're out as a group too as she has two adorable boys. Her oldest is from Vietnam and her youngest is blonde with curls. When they're out people always refer to Hannah as his sister and he now takes it in stride and doesn't even bat an eye! So sweet!

What a precious family you have!