Sunday, October 02, 2011

The run

Another year, another run. This was my fifth year participating in this particular run and it was by far the coldest! Victoria was feeling bad for me that I had to run in this weather. She said, "poor Mommy, you're gonna be so cold". I explained to her that in fact, out of all of us, I would be the warmest as I was the only one running. I felt bad for them having to stand in the cold wind and even a little rain as they waited for me to cross the finish line. I do love having them there though and hearing their little "go Mommy" cheers as I run. I even got a few high fives as I passed by.



I wish there didn't have to be organizations and runs such as these but since there are and since we continue to fight this dreaded disease, the least I can do is run year after year. Thanks to all those who sponsored me. Your support means a lot and the donations go to a great cause.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, I love these photos!
You're my hero.

Anonymous said...

Great job, Karen! Love the pics.
mz

Anonymous said...

Great Job Karen...