Monday, October 23, 2006

So Mike was out getting groceries a few weeks ago and this is always kind of a dangerous thing. You never know what he'll come home with . . . usually something for the kids (although I have to say that sometimes it's flowers for me too). Anyway, this particular day he came home with a Dora movie. My kids love Dora (and Diego) so this was perfect. It's called Dora's World Adventures and the very last place she goes is China. It's so cute. I've noticed some of my adoption friends are starting to talk about this movie too.

Here's the plot: "Dora and her friends are ready to celebrate friendship day when they realize all of the friendship bracelets are missing. Swiper has swiped them from all of the friendship parades around the world, and the bracelets won't "glow" unless everyone around the world has them. Dora volunteers to help Swiper travel to China, France, Tanzania and Russia to retrieve the bracelets and save the day! "




And speaking of movies, another great one is "Big Bird in China". Here's what one website says about it:

"Big Bird and his Sesame Street companion, Barkley, the big, fluffy dog, travel across China in search of the legendary Feng Huang, the Phoenix Bird. Along the way they visit with Chinese schoolchildren, watch a Tai Ji demonstration, learn some Chinese words and songs, and meet the mischievous Monkey King."





We got this one for the kids last year for Christmas and would highly recommend it. The kids have learned so much about China and Chinese culture from it.

5 comments:

Jill and Jaap said...

Thanks Karen for posting the Big Bird movie too...looks great!

I have to go shopping!

4D said...

I am asking for the Dora movie for Xmas. I know I am an adult but I want it (for our little one..really!)

Keep smilin!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

We got the Big Bird movie from the library and our kids loved it too! I think I might just have to get the Dora one, our youngest LOVES Dora. The older kids do too, but they won't let you know it in case they look babyish....:-)

Dawn and Dale said...

I'm now on the lookout for Big Bird as well!!

It's good to hear from others that they both are good! It's funny, I want to keep the Dora we just watched for Annaliese, but maybe I'll have to let the boys watch it too!

t~ said...

i might have to have santa bring those.