Sunday, December 02, 2007

Christmas Tree 2007

After dinner on Friday evening, the men (Mike and Austin) went out to get our Christmas tree. We always get the tree the first weekend in December so with plans to decorate on Saturday, we thought we better get it Friday. It was a little strange since Friday was still November but we did it anyway. The kids could hardly wait one more sleep to decorate it. Here's the finished product:


Here are a few of our favourite ornaments:

Mike's favourite. Of course it's a young Elvis - he even sings "Blue Hawaii" when you push a button.

Victoria's favourite. She was only one week old when she had her first Christmas and this ornament holds a picture of her at that time.


Austin's favourite. Every year the kids get ornaments from Grandma and Grandpa Carmody. Grandma always writes their name and the year on it. This gingerbread man was given to Austin in 2003 when he was only nine days old.


My favourite. This is an envelope ornament I got from my mom and dad some years back.


Oh, did I forget someone? :) I really didn't want to ask Samara which one was her favourite. We've been trying for two days to keep her hands off the tree. She's so attracted to all the lights and interesting things hanging on the tree . . . she just can't resist touching it. I'll just assume her favourite are the Chinese Cloisonne ornaments we got in China. Here are a few. (the pics didn't turn out very good but you get the idea).





So, I guess we're all ready now. I'm pretty much done my shopping. Just have to pick up a few more things and then we're all set. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey any chance you can make the presents under the tree larger,I'm having trouble finding mine hahahahah!

Catherine said...

Beautiful tree and it's so neat to hear about the ornaments. I hadn't thought about finding ornaments in China but I love that idea! Last year I purchased a Mulan ornament when we were at Disney just before Christmas.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful tree and ornaments with us!

Liz and Ava said...

What a beautiful tree! Great ornaments! Never thought to bring any back from China...will have to pick some up at the asian mall during chinese new year for our tree next year.

4D said...

Lovely! Holidays are here!

Keep smilin!

Unknown said...

Im so glad I found your blog. Its wonderful. Thanks for sharing your favorite ornaments with us

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I love that you showed everyone's favourite ornament! Really cute!

t~ said...

I love those China ornaments, I hope I remember to bring some home!

Calico Sky said...

aaahh snow, have you had any?

Beautiful tree!!!