Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Stubborn Girl

Ever since we came home from China with Samara, she's been a morning napper. We tried to switch her to afternoon naps and it worked for a while but now every time she sleeps in the afternoon, she won't go to bed until about 9:00 or 10:00 at night. Bedtime for kids around here is 7:00 so afternoon naps are out. Anyway, over time the morning naps have been getting shorter and shorter and now she sleeps for 45 minutes to an hour max (unless she goes to Aunt Michelle's for the day and sleeps for 2 hours!!) The latest is to give me a really hard time even getting to sleep for that morning nap. Today I just didn't have it in me to fight with her on it so I just let her win. We came downstairs and she played for a while. Then about 10 minutes before we had to leave the house to go get Austin from JK, she came and sat on my lap at the computer and fell asleep! I actually changed her diaper, put her coat on and got her in her car seat while she stayed sleeping.



I'm sure she would've been a lot more comfortable in her bed. What age is it when they finally realize mom knows best???

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen...do you really want an answer??????

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Too precious. I'm not sure when it will happen, but I am sure that the answer will hurt you. :)

Julie said...

They only realize thet mom knows best when they become moms.

Love the picture - soooooo cute!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Um....I'm not sure I should answer that question....:-) I have done that too...just laid them somewhere and let them sleeeeep. :-)

my3 kids said...

LOL are you serious??? I would have to say not until they have kids of their own...lol. Samara sounds so much like Emma. Good luck!

The Robertsons said...

Too cute! Is she showing any signs of wanting to give up her nap completely?
Kathryn

Catherine said...

What a sweetie!!

Ummm...I think it's around 25-30 when they realize mome knows best. You know when they're cooking, cleaning and taking care of thier own kids. Suddenly a lightbulb goes on and it's 'ohhh...this is what mom was talking about!'

t~ said...

Ahem, never?

She looks just like sleeping beauty.