Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blogger Friends

When I first started this blog (well, actually Mike started the blog and hasn't posted on it since!), I had no idea how many people I would meet. It's been really neat to meet people who have all been on different journeys but all end up on the path to adoption. I have been able to meet some of them at the Waiting Mommies Dinners every other month. This past Saturday Catherine, who I met through our blog, came over to spend the day with us. When she finally arrived (I knew we were kindred spirits when she got lost and had to call twice before arriving - I get lost all the time too!), we had a great day together. The kids were so excited to have Miss Catherine come over (especially when she brought them a fun game) and Austin even held her hand when we were crossing the road to go for a walk (for those of you who know Austin . . . that's huge!) Thanks again for coming Catherine. I hope it wasn't too crazy with three loud monkeys running around and being hyper. I'm sure you slept good that night. :) I can't wait until it's me coming to visit you and your little monkey Hannah!

Here's a picture of Catherine (well, actually Catherine's back) doing a puzzle with Austin and Samara. Notice the outstreched leg to make sure Samara didn't steal anymore of Austin's puzzle pieces. :)

Over the past few weeks I had the pleasure of meeting some more bloggers. Lori and one of her sons came over for coffee one morning. Lori and I actually met through a few mutual friends and we ended up having the same social worker for our homestudy. We have emailed back and forth for probably a year or so and finally met in person. Her and her husband adopted two precious boys last summer and have recently found out they are expecting twins! Yay!

Then on another evening we had Mike and Tammy over for a visit. Tammy and I have met on several occasions. We always drive to the Waiting Mommies Dinners together and often end up getting lost because we're talking too much. Actually the last two times we made it there with no detours. Anyway, I had never met her husband Mike so it was nice to get together with the four of us. The plan was to show them some of our video from China but we sat in the livingroom talking and talking and talking . . . by the time we looked at the clock, it was after midnight! So needless to say, we had a great time visiting with them too.

So as you can see, this blog has been so much more than a tool to keep family and friends informed and updated on our adoption journey.


9 comments:

4D said...

Special friends are made on this crazy journey called adoption.

Cath is an extra special one.

Keep smilin!

Unknown said...

Meeting blogging friends is so much fun!

Michael and Tammy said...

Hi Karen

I am soooo thankful to have met you!! This process is so much longer than I ever thought and so much harder than I ever thought and it is so great to have met someone who understands. I am so thankful that we get along so great and I love that our hubby's seem to have so much in common as well!! We will have to get together again, soon!

Catherine said...

What a great day we had!! Looking forward to the next one too...especially if it means our kiddles are home to join us!

Thanks so much for welcoming me into your home. Your family is AMAZING and it was a fun, fun day! The more noise the better when it's the fun and excitement of children!

Love you friend. I'm so glad we've met!

OH MY #6 said...

Karen,

That is just great.

I think Catherine is such a special person and what a treat to have her over.

Lea

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Isn’t the connection so wonderful between blogger buddies! Glad you had a nice day with Catherine.

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Jody said...

It is fun isn't it. I've met a few people too. Love that.

So, ya there yet? It has to happen soon you would think. Well, we are off to Maui to soothe our souls :)

Have a great week.

Lori said...

I would have to agree that our blogging too has been more than just updating friends and family! What a blessing it has been to chat with people on the same journey! Thank you for being one of those people.
Lori

The Warren Family said...

Hi there,

I just found the link to your blog from the Ethiopia Yahoo Group and I loved reading it!!
My husband and I live in Ontario (near London) and are also in the process (just finished our homestudy).
Do you mind if I link to your page from mine??
You can check out our blog at:
http://warrenfamilyjourney.blogspot.com/

Nice to meet you,
Shannon (-: