Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Waiting Mommies Dinner

On Saturday night I had the priviledge of attending another Waiting Mommies Dinner in Toronto.

Tammy (my driving partner and navigator) and I headed out and this time we had company in the van. Victoria and Samara were also invited to join us at the dinner this time. Victoria was so excited that she got to come because every time I leave for one of these dinners, she begs me to take her along. Her and Samara were both very good and had a lot of fun.
Victoria sat beside "Mrs. Tammy" and I heard a lot of giggling going on across the table! Samara also had a lot of fun being silly and goofy and even surprised "Miss Catherine" at the end of the night with a huge squeeze and a kiss.
Notice the pretty hairbands in their hair. Liz and Ava brought little surprises for the kids - hairbands, stickers and chocolate princess lollipops.
Thank you Liz and Ava for being so thoughtful!





The group is getting larger all the time and it's so neat to connect with others on the same journey.

(These pictures are all courtesy of Catherine since I can never remember to bring my camera - she is really a serious blogger and doesn't leave home without the camera.)


The theme for the optional gift exchange this time was a book theme. I got the book "M is for Maple". It's a Canadian alphabet book. I love this book and have wanted a copy of it for a long time. In fact, I almost bought it the other night when I was buying my gift for the exchange. But I'm glad I resisted the urge cause I got it! It's even the board book version. (Thank you so much Leslie!)




Oh and I should mention that while the girls were enjoying a girls night out, the boys were also having fun at home. Tammy's husband Mike came over to hang out with Mike and Austin and apparently the three of them had a lot of fun. I know Austin did as he couldn't stop talking about it the next day. He had a lot of fun playing the "punch game" (boxing) and bowling on the Wii. Thanks for coming over and sharing your toy with my guys Mike!


2 comments:

Catherine said...

OOooo...love your new ticker!!

It was SO GOOD to see you and your little sweeties on Saturday. Can I tell you when Samara gave me the hug and then kiss it about melted my heart!! Ahhh.....that's what I'm waiting for. Your girls are adorable and they were so good! Please thank Victoria for me for her awesome help with the gift exchange.

nice book. i don't have one yest but will keep my eyes open for one.

Love you friend. Sorry I'll be missing the next dinner but I like your idea of getting together another time. Smart friend you are!!

(hugs)

OH MY #6 said...

boohoo, I am sorry I missed. Looks like a pretty fine time!

Lea