Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Introducing . . .

. . . the newest member of our family - Teagan!

(No, we didn't get our referral in case that's what you thought!)

We picked up our new puppy Teagan on Monday and he's doing very well.

He's a cockapoo which makes him very loving, great with children, low-shedding, extremely smart, easy to train, obedient, good natured, healthy, very playful, etc. . . . a good match for our family. We picked him up on Monday morning and he's been fitting in nicely. He's a little sad at night when he has to go in his crate - that's when he misses his mama and siblings the most. But during the day, the kids have been keeping him busy with lots of playing. He's been really good with doing his "business" outside and hasn't even had one accident in the house. We've been taking him in the van whenever we go out for a minute (even to Tim Hortons) so that he gets used to riding in a vehicle and so far he doesn't seem to mind too much.

Victoria, Austin and especially Samara are still getting used to him when he's in a playful puppy mood but it's getting better and they are learning what to do when he jumps and gets a little too hyper. Here are Victoria and Austin on the first day home - Teagan just wanted to sleep all day and still does quite a bit of that . . . can you blame him?




This next picture is hilarious. Austin is just colouring away and Teagan decides to curl up on his legs. Looks like a nice cozy spot. Any time the kids sit on the floor too, he'll come and snuggle right up with them. So cute!


17 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Awwww......Teagan is SO cute!!!

my3 kids said...

Baby Teagan is adorable....ARE YOU SURE HE IS NOT A SHE...ha ha ha ha ha too funny!!! Your teagan and our Tia would make cute pups..lol:)

Anonymous said...

I love it. Those pictures are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Jie Jie & Di Di said...

What a cutie... He is adorable.

The Warren Family said...

ahhhhh puppies are so darn cute!

Lori said...

Good for you taking on a pup with your forth child on the way. That's the last thing on my mind as we wake up every 3 hours =) But it's all absolutely worth it. Your kids look like they are loving the new addition! Very cute!
Lori

Dawn and Dale said...

Oh my gosh!!! SOOOOOOOOO cute!!!

I literally said..."Awwwwwwwwwww" out loud when I saw that last picture!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute. Looking forward to meeting him!
m

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Teagan is adorable! Looks like the kids love him already!!

Kim said...

You had me for a moment!!! That's my kind of dog, so cute. Enjoy.

OH MY #6 said...

Oh my word that is too cute!

Lea
xo

darci said...

so so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh he is adorable!!!

I got very excited when I read the title, still excited but not quite the same! lol

Michael and Tammy said...

OMG I thought I would come and look at what is new with you guys since we haven't talked for a while and all I could see at first was the line about "newest member" I almost feel of my chair I was soooo excited thinking you got your referral!
He is still a very cute new member!!!

Catherine said...

Awww...he's adorable!! What a wonderful addition to your family! Looking forward to meeting your newest family member live and in the fur.

Had a GREAT time Saturday night friend! Miss you already. xo

Anonymous said...

Wish I could read Austin's mind in the pic !!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Austin would that be a picture for Grandma :)