Friday, August 08, 2008

Welcome Home and Happy Birthday

My mom has been away for three weeks visiting my brother and family out west. She was flying into Toronto airport on Wednesday and we went to pick her up. Our kids LOVE the airport. They think it's so fun to go to wait for someone and then welcome them home. We used to go more often when Mike travelled a lot for work. My niece also joined us as she was staying at our place for the day. Plus my sister met us at the airport with her three kids. So there were 7 kids and 3 adults waiting welcome my mom home. The best part was that it was also her birthday. So we had brought some ballooons and my sister's kids had flowers for Grandma. Here are some shots of waiting for Grandma to come through the gates.


When my mom did finally come through the gates we broke into a nice, loud rendition of "Happy Birthday" and I think she was a little bit embarassed . . . which was the point. :) Everyone was looking at us (her) and a few stewardesses also stopped and clapped for my mom. Here she is trying to walk right past us and pretend she didn't know us.

Nice to see you again Mom. Love ya!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

What fun!! Happy Birthday to your mom!

It's such fun to meet people at the airport...especially when you can do something fun like sing Happy Birthday to them!

OH MY #6 said...

that is so cute.

Lea
xo

Middle-Aged Moi said...

What a GREAT homecoming! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! Would have loved to help embarrass!

PS. You're niece is really cute!

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful Karen....What a great way to say "Happy B'Day" Your Mom's Smile says it all....