Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's done!!!

A huge feeling of relief has come over me. I am FINALLY done Samara's Bai Jia Bei (100 Good Wishes Quilt). We've been home from China for over a year and a half now and it's taken me that long and longer to complete this project. It sat and sat for many months and the only thing I had left to do was the binding. But to be honest, this is the very first quilt I have ever made and I really had no idea what I was doing. So don't look too close - there are a lot of mistakes. But overall, I am happy with how it turned out and sooooo glad it's done! Here it is all finished:




And the craziest part is that I'm going to do another one. That's right, as much work as this one was and as long as it took me to make, it was so worth it. Samara loves it and as she gets older, she'll understand the meaning behind it and she'll know how many people anticipated her arrival and loved her before she was even here. It's been a really neat project and I'm actually excited to do another one.

So stay tuned for details of how you can contribute to the next quilt!

11 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OH Karen....wonderful!I can hear her now...tell me the story mommy:)
You are an amazing mom
xo PC

OH MY #6 said...

U did this all yourself?! Oh my gosh! It is awesome.

thanx for sharing.

Lea
xo

Jie Jie & Di Di said...

Great job... it's beautiful..

M and M said...

It's beautiful!!

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

this is wonderful. thanks for posting the pics

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome, Karen! Just think...the next one won't be so bad, because now you know what you're doing!
mz

The Robertsons said...

Wow, great job Karen! I was not nearly that ambitious. Kimberly's only quilts are made by my mother-in-law. She made a quilt with pieces of Kimberly's crib bedding.

Catherine said...

I'm not sure I knew you when you were collecting squares for Samara's quilt. Looking forward to contributing to baby boy's quilt!! (It that's what your next quilting adventure is.)

You did a great job! It'a absolutely beautiful and I love to see the kids rolling on it and all wrapped up in it's love.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and congratulations to you on perservering and finishing it! I enjoy the photo of Samara lying on her back on it - embraced by all the well wishes. She was surely meant to be!

Anonymous said...

Hip, hip, hooray! One down - one to go :) It looks wonderful Karen. I'm proud of you - you did a great job. And the next one won't be half as hard to do. You're now a PRO! May it give you lots of opportunities to share the good wishes of so many family members and friends. Blessings!
momz