Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sprained Ankle

So yesterday our little guy sprained his ankle. Yep, that's right, Denver sprained his ankle. Just before lunch, he tripped and was crying. I picked him up to comfort him and then when he was okay, I just put him in his highchair for lunch. He was so tired and started falling asleep as he was eating his lunch. When he was done, I carried him upstairs and put him down for his nap. He didn't sleep for very long and he was crying when he woke up. After a little bit, he seemed okay in my arms and I didn't even remember about the fall before lunch. I proceeded to put his shoes on to go outside and he kind of curled up his toes on the one foot. When I set him down outside to walk, he started crying. (I just assumed he was still tired since he didn't sleep very long). But then I noticed he was holding onto something and holding his one leg up. He wouldn't even put weight on it. When I carried him around, he was fine but as soon as he wiggled out of my arms and wanted down to walk, he would cry.

So off to the clinic we went to get it looked at. By that point he was putting a bit of pressure on it already but still really limping. He was examined and we were told it was just a sprain - most likely not the bone. Phew! Today he's a lot better and can walk on it. I can tell he's still favouring the other leg but it's not slowing him down at all anymore.

These pictures are from yesterday. He's playing with his current favourite toy - the garage and little cars. He was still able to crawl around at that point.



4 comments:

Catherine said...

Poor little sweetie. Hope it heals quickly. So thankful that it was nothing worse than a sprain.

Does he need his girly to kiss it better? :o)

Anonymous said...

Denver..hope your ok you need to keep up with the other Munchkins to collect Easter Eggs!Grandpa and his..."Soft Cuddly Bunny"

Heather said...

Aw, poor little monkey.
Squishes being sent your way.
Prayer for him being sent upward :)

Jules and Danny said...

I am glad that he is okay. Sending hugs and happy thoughts his way. It is so hard to tell when something is wrong with little ones.