Saturday, February 12, 2011

This and That

  • Denver has been sleeping consistently in his "big boy bed" . . . for naps and at nighttime. How does mama feel about this? Not sure. Am I ready for my baby to be a big boy? Hmmm . . . not really. But somehow all my kids keeps growing despite me telling them not to.


  • About Denver's new bed . . . Austin loves having a roommate. It's pretty cute. The girls have been together in their room for a few years now and Austin has been feeling pretty left out being all alone in his room. So now he's pumped that he has his brother in there with him. And Denver's pretty proud talking about "his" room. In fact he's been heard to say "stay out of my room!" to the girls. Okay, so maybe his roommate isn't always the best influence on him!


  • Today is day six of the cleanse. Yep that's right, Mike and I started a cleansing diet on Monday. The first few days were REALLY hard but it's better now. And the best news is that I haven't had a sore stomach since Sunday. Those of you that know me will know that's a big deal! So we almost have one week under our belts . . . six more to go.


  • Why is it that I can't keep up with emailing and blogging? I try, I really do. I have good intentions and then life gets busy. I've written about four blog posts in my head over the last week or so. Somehow transfering from my head to the computer doesn't happen. Oh well . . . such is life right now.


  • The adoption agency we used to facilitate Denver's adoption (yes, the one that went bankrupt and then was restructured) has just announced this week that they are partnering with another agency somewhat close by. Not sure how I feel about this. I have mixed emotions. I suppose it comes down to the fact that I don't like change. Not to mention, it saddens me that now there will be one less option, again, for those wanting to adopt internationally. It seems like over the last few years, there have been less and less options in Canada. Plus I feel bad for the employees that have worked so hard and now will be out of a job. But we'll hope and pray that it ends up being a good thing for both agencies and the clients involved.


  • Friends of ours are in Ethiopia right now. They were present at court in Addis on Friday. Unfortunately they didn't pass court. Although they knew this was a possibility, it's still disappointing. Praying that their next court date is a success and that the rest of the process goes smoothly.


  • We've been going through every room in our house and getting rid of things we no longer need or use. I love to purge! We've gotten rid of boxes and boxes full of stuff. I feel lighter and it feels so good! Even the kids went through their rooms and got rid of toys and things they no longer play with. Things that are just taking up space. It's great.

I think that's it for my Saturday morning ramblings. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, it's so hard to believe he's actually getting into "big boy bed" stage! I don't like the babies growing up either :(

You're making me want to purge with all of that talk!

Congratulations on day 6 of your cleanse!

darci said...

HI karen!! how adorable that he is such a 'boy' ..as in NO GIRLS ALLOWED, lol! I am waiting for TIME (ha) to sit down and email you...i have so much to say. :) (mostly thank you!!)
We have been kind of overwhelmed with news of the agency change...
what kind of cleanse are you doing? intimidates me a bit, but i know, i KNOW, i should cleanse sugar out!
ttyl. darci

Anna said...

How cute that the boys are pumped to share a room! That's a good thing! I too have mixed feelings about the merger.