Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentine's Day

I know it was a while ago but I'm just getting to post about it now. Valentine's Day has never been one of my favourite "holidays" - in fact I never really used to like it. However, kids always have a way of making special days even more special. We had a lot of fun this year.


The day started out with a special message from Victoria on her white board:


The kids worked on special heart crafts and other activities relating to love. Victoria and Austin had a fill in the blank activity sheet - they had to look up Bible verses about love and find the missing words.


I think my favourite part though was reading what everyone wrote about each other. Everyone had six hearts of the same colour and had to write one thing they love about each person in the family. There were six because the kids insisted we do one for Frodo too - just in case he doesn't know how much we love him! The words written were all so sweet. Samara wrote: I love Mommy because she gives me strawberries and chips. (seriously doesn't take much eh??) The one Mike did for Frodo says: I love Frodo because he makes sure I never sleep in. (Ha - way to put a positive spin on it hon! LOL!)



Oh ya and I almost forgot. I posted the greatest love message of all times on the wall by my scrapbooking table.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love how you're taking pics of what your kids are doing during the day. It's so much easier when they're at home, eh? :)
Love the one about the dog... make it a thankfulness moment and watch the attitude change- ha ha!

Anna said...

I love Austin's face as he's cutting! Great pictures and great ideas for your not so favourite holiday. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Amazing amazing amazing idea.
Almost makes me like Valentine's.
Now you have those and Victoria's message to remind you how loved you are. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Mr. Austin where are those glasses mister?
xo Grandma C

Anonymous said...

L O V E…l y


Gramz :)