Sunday, July 24, 2011

Twistin' the night away

Okay, so it wasn't the whole night . . . . it was only about 45 minutes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the twists were done. This is my first "real" attempt at twists in his hair and I have to say it turned out great. One other time I did a few but they were a lot bigger and it didn't look as good and didn't last very long. Unfortunately I'm quite uncoordinated with the tool that's made specifically for twists so I have do it all by hand. But as I said, it only took about 45 minutes and it went well. These pictures were taken right after I finished so the hair is still wet.






These pictures were taken after sleeping a whole night on them. They're dry and I think they still look really good.



And then these last pictures were taken at the end of the day today . . . 24 hours after they were done. So they have been slept on twice - a full night and a long nap - and I think they still look good. I could probably touch them up a bit tomorrow but I'm impressed with how well they're lasting. I may have to teach Victoria how to do it too so she can work on one half while I do the other and it won't take as long.




Next up . . . . corn rows!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Awesome job Mommy! The twisted look is great!

Carolyn said...

Love, love, love it!!!!!!!!! It looks awesome! Great job!


Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Well thank goodness for Mickey!Looks great Karen,I love the picture of him throwing the ball...he has had the same stand and look since he was wee..

Anna said...

Come on over and do Deborah's hair! Those are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you have anything else to do? Wow - what patience! You are amazing. It sure turned out well! You could start "another" business! momz