Thursday, December 21, 2006

Care Package


I'm a little late with this post but here it is anyway. Last week I got Samara's care package all together and sent it off to her orphanage in China. I included a little photo album with her picture, pictures of mommy and daddy, pictures of big sister Victoria and big brother Austin, our house, her bedroom, etc. I went online and found the Chinese characters so I could label each picture. Hopefully she'll get a chance to look at the pictures before we arrive there. I also included a little stuffed penguin (beanie baby). I sent along a digital camera in hopes that the nannies will take some picture of Samara for us during the time we're not there. Hopefully when we get home and develop the pictures, we'll have some nice shots of her at the orphanage. Some people have had success with this in the past and I figure we have nothing to lose. I also had a receiving blanket that I used for Victoria and Austin. It's been in our house for a long time so it smells like Samara's new home. I stitched her Chinese name on it so the nannies would know it belongs to her. I also added some pretty note paper for the nannies. I'm hoping Samara gets to see some of this stuff and maybe sleep with the blanket and little penguin. You never know. It's really hard to be away from her at Christmas but knowing we're just a little over a month away from meeting her helps a little.

8 comments:

Jill and Jaap said...

Great ideas! I love all of it!

4D said...

Great care package! Soon you will Samara in your arms and your family will all together.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

I've got tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat!
I love how you marked everything in Chinese...especially the blanket!!

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

Like the albulm idea karen. The toy I sent had 3 spots for photos so I put two of her in and one of us. Let's hope our babies get these care packages.

t~ said...

I hope they fill that camera up with loads of photos!

M and M said...

I will keep my fingers crossed that you will get lots of photos on the camera...I bet you at itching to get away...

Anonymous said...

Karen Samara is a very lucky little girl that God has chosen for your family.She is already covered in love,and now just waiting for Mommy & Daddy to take her home....
Love Grandma & Grandpa xoxo

LedaP said...

Karen, please feel free to copy the idea from my blog (the name picture) I actually downloaded all the letters individually - both boy and girl, I am going to laminate them and make alphabet cards...and maybe even a matching game! Leda