Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Day After . . .

Well we woke up this morning and guess what? It wasn't a dream! We have pictures of this cutie patootie little girl . . . and she's our daughter! How awesome is that? We can't stop looking at her picture.

Yesterday was such an amazing day. We received so many emails and phone calls from family and friends who have been supporting us and praying for us and waiting for this day right along with us. It's great. God has been so good to us!

The kids are pretty excited too (Victoria more than Austin). When I got off the phone with our agency, we told the kids that they have a little sister. Victoria was just shaking with excitement and she said, "I knew it! I knew it was going to be a girl!" Austin said, "hey mom, look at these books." Basically he didn't really care at that moment. Then about a half an hour later, he came up to me with big tears rolling down his cheeks and said, "I wanted the baby to be a boy!" I think he all of a sudden realized that he now has another sister. He already has one of those - why would he want another one? :) He got over that pretty fast though and he carries her picture around the house now. He can't quite get her name right though - he's been calling her either Sasara or Masara or he just calls her his friend. Cute! Victoria already has Samara's picture in her backpack all ready to take to school on Monday so she can show off her new baby sister. She can't wait!

It's so hard to believe that it actually happened. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again . . . it's such a long wait . . . but it's so worth it!

7 comments:

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

That is just too adorable about Austin. Thanks for sharing that story Karen - I visualized the whole thing.

BTW: Our daughters are wearing the same dress :-)

Deb

Calico Sky said...

How adorable. It sounds like all 3 are going to be the very best of friends.
Congratulations again, I can't wait to hear more about your travel plans.

4D said...

That is so cute!

I am sure you all are so excited to have all your 3 kids home and playing together.

Keep smilin

M and M said...

It is going to be a long 2 months before you can go and get her!! Looking forward to the next batch of pictures!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

You're right- the wait is sooo worth it. I will remind myself of that when I feel discouraged. Please let us know everything you pack, all your travel plans so us rookies can know what we're doing.....:-)

t~ said...

Very sweet and she is certainly worth the wait! Congratulations to a new beautiful daughter.

Dawn and Dale said...

Ahhh!! I can not wait to share Annaliese with the boys!!

LOVE your story!! Congratulations again!!

Love Dawn