Sunday, September 14, 2008

Shrink Art

What better way to spend a rainy afternoon than doing some shrink art? This used to be one of my favourite crafts when I was little (but we called it shrinky dinks) so I was excited to do it with the kids. And they loved it too. I had actually bought these kits quite a long time ago but realized afterwards that it couldn't be done in a gas oven. In the meantime, we got a new oven that's not gas and so we can now do shrink art.

Here they are after they've been coloured all ready to go:




Here they are just before entering the oven:

Watching the shrinking process . . . so exciting!!!

And after they've been shrunk:

Some of the beautiful jewelry that was created:





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great rainy day project! They did a great job! I must say I've never done this. We might have to give it a try!
mz

Middle-Aged Moi said...

My kids LOVE that too! And we did "Shrinky Dinks" when I was a kid. I guess it wouldn't be appropriate to call them that now....;-)

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this before! Cool! Oh to be able to live vicariously through your kids :0)

The Warren Family said...

That looks like it was probably a lot of fun! I can't wait until I have kids to do stuff like that with (-: