Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Future Runners

I guess the kids were taking it all in on Sunday morning at the Run for the Cure because they decided to have their own running race in the afternoon. Victoria made numbers for all three participants and away they went. They even ended up adding hurdles. I think they got that idea from the Olympics because trust me, I have never done hurdles . . . unless you count stepping over piles of laundry in one room, toys in another room, etc.

Whenever I come home from running, Victoria and Austin beg me to go for a run with them too. If we have time, I will run around the block a few times with them and they love it. I think it would be neat to participate in the Run for the Cure every year and then when they are older, I would love to participate with all of us as a family.

What am I saying? By that time, we will have beaten this dreadful disease and there won't be such a thing as a Run for the Cure right?

Here are my little runners in training:





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE that first Pic :)See....I told you you are such an excellent roll model.Good for them I can't wait to be in their cheering line.
xo Grandma C

Lori said...

Super cute!!

The Warren Family said...

That is so cute! I love how they made up numbers for their shirts - what sweet kids!
And congrats on your run, what a great cause!!

Shannon