Sunday, October 05, 2008

Run for the Cure

We headed out to Burlington this morning so I could participate in the 2008 CIBC Run for the Cure. I didn't sleep at all last night and to be honest I was really dreading the run. I've had some stomach/gallbladder/reflux/breathing issues lately and will be going for some tests this month and so I haven't been running as much lately. I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to complete the run today and assumed I would walk a large portion of it. However, once we started, it wasn't so bad. Before I knew it we were at the 3k mark. Once I hit the 4k mark, I knew I was in the home stretch. It all went by really fast and I actually felt really good. I completed it in just over 30 minutes (which is two minutes faster than last year even). Not sure how that happened but perhaps it was the cute cheering section. I love it when I run by the kids and their little hands are out ready to give me a high five. It just gives me that extra burst of energy I need to finish the race.

Thanks to everyone who supported this cause in one way or another.





8 comments:

Lori said...

Great job Karen! I can only imagine how difficult this was for you both physically and emotionally. You are a true friend and blessing Marisa's family!

Anonymous said...

Great Job Karen,Thought of you all day,knowing you were not feeling all that well,but your heart was there,so Great Job :)
xo B&P

OH MY #6 said...

good for you! Wow, did u train?

lea
xo

Anonymous said...

Well done you!!!

Anonymous said...

Go Karen!!! That must have felt great in many ways!
Congrats.
mz

Anonymous said...

PS. You signed us both up for next year....yikes!! That should be interesting!!!

Deb and Roger said...

Hey Karen

You are amazing girl!!! How do you do all that you do?? Nice to hear that you were inspired about Ethiopia at the fund raiser. I met some Ethiopians while in Africa and they are very special people. Your new child will be blessed!!! Our prayers are with you while you wait.

Catherine said...

Way to go Karen! It's cute to see how the kids had their own races in the afternoon too!