Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Get your craft on



I recently came across a really cool website called Craft Hope. This is directly from their website: "Craft Hope is a love inspired project designed to share handmade crafts with those who need them. It is our hope to combine our love for crafting and desire to help others into a project to make a difference around the world."

The current project is making bracelets for Orphan Outreach in Russia. "For Project 12, we are partnering with Orphan Outreach and sending them with a little love to take to Russia. This time we will be making bracelets for them to pass out to kids. Bracelets are a huge hit with kids of all ages — hemp bracelets or beaded bracelets. They are going on a trip in August and have asked us to collect bracelets for them." Go
here for more details.


So I'm challenging you to get your craft on and start making bracelets. They can be hemp, embroidery floss, beaded, material, etc. . . . as long as they're homemade. Let me know if you're willing and able to make some bracelets, even a few, and I will send you my mailing address. I will collect as many bracelets as I can before June 8 and then send them off to the founder of Craft Hope in time for their deadline.


Thanks!

No comments: