Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Boxing Day deals

It's kind of tradition to hit the stores here right after Christmas for those Boxing Day sales. This year we thought perhaps we'd look to see if there were any good deals on a video camera. We really want to take one to China but of course they're not cheap. Anyway, Mike's parents surprised us and bought us one for Christmas. Wow! (thanks Barry and Peggy!!!) One more thing off the list.

Well we decided to go shopping anyway just for fun. The first thing I found was this Leap Frog doll "Lily" for Samara.

I've thought about getting one for her before because I think it would be a good way to teach her colours, numbers and letters. When I saw it on Boxing Day at Sears it was a good price and I couldn't resist. Then when I went up to pay for it, it was even cheaper than I thought - gotta love that! We plan to give this to Samara for her 1st birthday and I feel good that I will have something to give her because we will only be home from China for two weeks when she turns one and I can't see myself getting out to do a lot of shopping in that time.

After we left the mall, we headed over to Chapters bookstore just to browse. When I walked in the door I saw a large display of Robeez slippers and was immediately drawn to them. I had a pair for Austin when he was little and they're great. Since I've never seen them go on sale, I was so surprised to see the "50% off" sign. That's right . . . 50% off!!! Can you believe that?

I think they were on sale because they're part of the 2006 Holiday Collection. So despite the fact that Samara's footwear will be outdated, I think they're cute! In fact, I liked them so much, I got a blue pair for my little nephew too (now you know how much I paid for them David and Christel!)

3 comments:

4D said...

Yoohoo! Gotta love cute kids stuff esp. when they are a deal!

Keep smilin!

M and M said...

Gotta love a sale!!

I agree with you that you are not going to get a chance to shop for Samara after you get home!!

You must just be itching to go!!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Awesome deals! I love those penguin Robeez!