Monday, March 12, 2007

Accomplishment #1

Ok, there have been other, less obvious accomplishments since we've returned from China . . . you know, getting over jetlag, taking care of three small children, showering before noon, etc. However, I actually got a project completed. I have been working on a sweater for Austin for quite some time now. I was hoping to finish it before China but that never happened. Poor Austin - everytime I would sit down, he'd bring me the sweater and say, "Can you finish making my sweater now mom?". One time he even brought it to Mike and said, "Do you know how to knit Daddy?". So anyway, here it is. He didn't want to pose for a picture so here he is in action, wearing the sweater.


And here are Mommy's big helpers. They just love to help me out with Samara - holding her bottle and playing with her. It's great - and Samara just loves it when they're around too.


Now if only I could teach them to change her diaper!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen good job the sweater looks great! Hey want to learn socks? ha ha.
Boy Victoria & Austin sure are enjoying their new Sister eh!Good for them!

Jie Jie & Di Di said...

Hi Karen... I love the sweater.. You will have to send me the pattern. If I start now I will have it finished for Justin when he is 3.

Jayne

Liz and Ava said...

Love the sweater! It's so nice that they want to help out so much.

Jason, Alex + Hailey said...

Beautiful Sweater! Where do you find the time? As new parents we are working hard just to manage one child. We love the pics of Austin and Victoria helping. See you for pizza soon.

M and M said...

Great sweater!

That was so cute of Austin to ask Mike if he knit!

Dawn and Dale said...

That really is a beautiful sweater!!!!

Great pictures of the kids!! What a blessing!!

Jill and Jaap said...

What a great sweater!

t~ said...

Great job on the sweater and I wish I could get my 10 yr. old to change a diaper!

Catherine said...

Great sweater. Love the comment about asking Mike if he could knit. LOL!

What beautiful children you have. In the bottom 2 pics you can see the love your older kids have for Samara. What precious times.