Monday, March 19, 2007

Ella's new family

Before we travelled to China at the beginning of February, a girl I met through a yahoo group asked if anyone would be willing to take a care package to the orphanage for her daughter. I said I would gladly do that for them and the care package was sent to me promptly. When we visited the orphanage I was able to take pictures of Ella opening the care package and looking at pictures of her new family. She is such a beautiful child and I was honoured to be able to do this for her and her family. Here are some pictures I took in February of Ella with her carepackage:





And today Ella is finally with her new family. I am so excited for them all. Congratulations Tracy, Jeff, Savannah (who is also in China with them), Jeffrey and Sam! You have been blessed! Here they are:



Look how cute she is! She's obviously had a haircut since I've seen her. So precious!

Oh ya, the orphanage director told them that Ella knows their pictures very well and can call all of them by name. I'm so glad that I was able to bring that photo album to her - it will help immensely with her adjustment. What a great orphanage too - to be able to take the time with Ella to show her the pictures and teach her who her new family is. We are all blessed to have children from the Foshan Nanhai SWI. I will be forever grateful to Ms. Tang and all the nannies there for the wonderful care they gave our children for the first months or years of their lives.

7 comments:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Oh, she is a beauty! How wonderful for you to have that opportunity and how great it must have been for the family to know that you saw their daughter! Nice story all around...

M and M said...

ANYTHING we can do to make the transition easier on the kids is great!

How wonderful that you were able to do that!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That is soooo nice. I love that she knew their names beforehand. How special is that?

t~ said...

That is a wonderful thing to be able to deliver a care package! I just love that story. She is so sweet.

Liz and Ava said...

That's such am important thing to be able to for another family...I'm sur they appriated it emmencly(query speeling).

my3 kids said...

What an awesome thing you were able to do for Ella and her family. She sure is a cutie and it's so special for Ella's family to have these pictures before they were able to travel. Best wishes to Ella and her family.

Jill and Jaap said...

That is wonderful! So great that you were able to do that for them!