Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Wings of Paradise

Mike has been off work for a few days since it's March Break so we decided to take the kid to Wings of Paradise (a butterfly conservatory) on Monday. The second we walked into the butterfly area Austin freaked right out. He absolutely hated it. I guess the whole experience of butterflies flying around his head was too much for him (sound familiar Aunt Christel??) I had to carry him the whole time and he eventually relaxed . . . a little. Here are some of the pictures we took.











I think Samara enjoyed it the most out of everyone. She didn't even mind when a drop from the waterfall fell right on her nose. As long as she's got those two fingers in her mouth, all is right in her world. Now if only mommy and daddy would let her eat that big yellow flower!

13 comments:

Dawn and Dale said...

Oh my goodness!! Those pictures are sooo beautiful!! You could make postcards out of some of them!!!


Looks like it was beautiful to see and and a fun family outing!!

Dawn and Dale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn and Dale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn and Dale said...

Sorry guys!! Those were my mistakes!! Computer was giving me issues and put my post on here 3 times!! ;)

Blessings (x3) to you!!! lol

t~ said...

It looks a beautiful place to visit! I think Samara is working on just eating those 2 fingers!

t~ said...

It looks a beautiful place to visit! I think Samara is working on just eating those 2 fingers!

Catherine said...

What beautiful pics of your little ones and the butterflies! Mmmm...Samara is right. That flower does look good enough to eat. :o) Cute pic of the water drop on her nose.

What a fun day! Looks like Austin enjoyed himself, safe in mommy's arms.

4D said...

Sounds wonderful except for the Austin freaking out part. Samara is a total cutie pie! All your kids are!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bringing that up, Karen, I guess I'm not the only one with butterfly issues...Austin, I know how you feel!
christel

M and M said...

What a great picture of you and Austin!

I have never been to a butterfly conservatory...I might have to check one out - they look so pretty!

Liz and Ava said...

Beautiful pictures.

Jill and Jaap said...

Beautiful!

Great photos!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That is really pretty! It's kind of funny that Austin was so freaked out, I remember one of my kids crying like crazy when we went to the "Crystal Gardens" in Victoria. NOT HAPPY! Tee hee. Looks like everyone else had fun......:-)