Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Candlelight Dinner

A while ago Victoria and I were talking and something came up about candlelight dinners. She asked if we could have a candlelight dinner sometime so that's what we did on Monday night. The only condition was that we had to have something to eat that everyone likes. So it was agreed that we would have tacos. I'm sure this was the first time I've ever had a candlelight taco dinner but it was a lot of fun. The kids were very excited and it only took Samara a short time to realize that we weren't blowing the candles out right away like we did on Victoria and Austin's birthday cakes a few weeks ago! We even got to drink our milk out of special glasses as you'll see in the pictures below.






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys have way to much fun :)
Happy New Year :)

Catherine said...

What fun! I remember with fondness doing this with my family when I was little! Ours was a chocolate fondue evening but tacos sound yummy!

What precious memories you're creating for your children.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

My kids love candlelight dinners too. Maybe it's the threat of imminent danger....:-)

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

An evening your kids will remember for a long time - looked like lots of fun.

Laura

Jody said...

That looks like fun. I will have to try it sometime.

Happy New Year!!

Deb and Roger said...

Hey Karen

Great idea. This will hopefully be the first of many that the "girls" will have with their beaus when they are much older (like 35!!! LOL). Have a Happy New Year 2009. Will wait news on your referral soon!!!

Blessings
D, R & M

Lori said...

So cute! It sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! We wish you all the best in the new year and pray with anticipation the arrival of your new one.

The Warren Family said...

What a great idea! They are just too cute clinking their glasses together. I love it!!

Anonymous said...

My kids love candlelight dinners too! Although I haven't been brave enough to give them fancy glasses....guess I should try it sometime...I'm sure they would love it too!
Great memories for them!
mz