Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas Tree 2008

Our Christmas tree went up last weekend already. We usually put it up the first weekend in December but since we knew we'd be really busy this weekend, we did it early. It was actualy kind of strange putting up a Christmas tree when it was still November.

Since we have a sunken livingroom, Mike always tries to find the tallest tree he can. This year, just the boys (Mike and Austin) went for the tree while the girls (Victoria, Samara and myself) got the room ready and the decorations out. The phone rang while the boys were out and it was Austin saying, "Cut a hole in the roof Mom . . . we got a doozie!" So cute! Sure enough, here's the tree when it was set up - the top needed to be trimmed a bit because it was so tall.

Here are the kids putting on some of the decorations.

Hmmm. . . I wonder who decorated this little part of the tree?!?!


Every year one of the kids gets to put the angel on the top of the tree. This year was Samara's turn. It was a bit of a challenge for her though . . . obviously because the tree was so tall and because she doesn't like being lifted above anyone's head. Mike ended up having to help her.




Oops I suppose I should've taken a picture of the finished product . . . perhaps I'll add that later.

8 comments:

Catherine said...

What fun! Your tall tree rocks! Heh....love, love, love all the decorations on one little branch! Next year my tree will look the same and I CAN'T WAIT!!

Great job decorating everyone and you found the perfect tree Austin! Your 'doozie' is beautiful!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Such wonderful memories, K. I love the pics!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We have overloaded tree branches here too! It's so hard for me not to want to "fix" it!
Julia

Lori said...

Very fun! We also got our tree, but I'm not allowed to pick the tree anymore for that reason...my pick always takes over the living room =) Spatial awareness is apparently not my strength. So Austin, you just may be hired to come with us next year! Our decorations too are very similar...the boys now ask every night if tomorrow is Christmas.

Jody said...

Nice tree.

It's fun letting the kids help.

Merry Christmas!!

The Warren Family said...

Great pictures...what a great family activity to share together each year!

Anonymous said...

They did a great job decorating! I love the bunching! Great times...
mz

Kim said...

Great tree - I love the section Samara decorated, we have a smiliar section on our tree... actually we have a troublemaker who's still trying to take decorations off the tree - so we're just grateful to keep them up!! I LOVE this time of year!