Saturday, November 25, 2006

Immunizations

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We are one more step closer to China. We went yesterday to the Travel Medicine Clinic and got our first immunizations for travel to China. It may seem like we've left this until the last minute but that's how we were recommended to do it. It's called fast tracking. We had the first set of injections yesterday, we go back in one week and then again one month after that. Then we're done and ready to go.

I have to say, I'm really not a fan of getting needles - in fact, I'm a big wimp. However, it's funny how when you know why you're doing it, it's not nearly as bad. Plus my kids were there watching and I had to be tough! No tears here!

5 comments:

M and M said...

How exciting that you are getting your injections - of course I mean that in the way that you are SO close to traveling!!! I have said it before and I will say it again - you must be going nuts while waiting for the referrals when you are SOOO close!! I hope it is SOON!!

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

Ahhh needles are like nothing to me know. After 6 IUI's and a round of IVF I'm a pro!

Karen - ITS OUR WEEK!!!! Where's those rumors. I posted on my blog that we need to start making them up - tee,hee.....

Deb
(your daughters crib mates mama) MAYBE - just never know.

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

BTW: You still haven't told me where you get all those neat graphics. Let me in on your secret chicki!

Deb

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Good for you for being so brave! I'm sending you so many good thoughts for the coming week, my friend. :)

Leslie & Shaune said...

We are starting our needles soon.

I don't know if you remember meeting me.. it was way back in May i think for the GTAWM group at Pickel Barrel. You and Deb had your beautiful girls there, i sat next to Debbie.

Anyhow, can you tell me more about fast tracking. i'd not heard of that and the health clinic didn't tell me anything about this.

thanks.